Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas with the family.

Before I start this post, I should probably tell you a little about my life.

I have had a hard life growing up. I have made horrible decisions and most of which I regret doing. There was one HUGE mistake that I had made, and although I do not wish that I could take back that mistake, I do wish there were a few things that I could change.
Out of that horrible mistake came the birth of my beautiful daughter, Kairi. She is my world and I never realized that I would be able to love one person so much.
I had gone through a custody battle for her and lost. Although, it was unjust in my opinion. Details about that may come later.

It was court ordered that every 3 months Kairi would switch between her parents. Her father is in New York and I am in Washington state.

Well, Christmas just so happened to land on the months that her father had her.
Usually, I am a girl who wants EVERYTHING for Christmas. I admit, as a teenager, I have been very greedy during Christmas time.

But this year was different. I finally started to understand the value of family. The only thing I wanted for Christmas was for my daughter to be there for me and for my daughter to get everything she could ever wish for for Christmas. I didn't get a lot, but boy did Kairi.

So to all my readers, please, cherish your time with your family. My time with my little girl is limited and I am missing so much in her life and I am missing her growing up. Cherish every moment you have with your family because in an instant it can all be taken away.

I hope you all had a merry Christmas. And here is to a good 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment